Friday, May 25, 2012

End of Season - Part I

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:” – Ecclesiastes 3:1 (all the below scriptures are from Ecclesiastes)

Quick Update: Sun., May 27, Tues., May 29, Wed., May 30, Thurs., May 31 & Fri., June 1 – evening programming for Worldstrides, Inc., school groups visiting Williamsburg, VA. If you are in the area and would like to attend one of these programs, please email me, sheilaarnold39@aol.com
Other June Locations: VA (Williamsburg, Norfolk, Hampton)

I often feel like I have “seasons” in my life. Upon ending my 2011-12 year-long residency at Anderson Christian School, Anderson, IN, I sigh with delight at ending one of my “seasons”, and prepare for what next school year will bring.

“A time to be born and a time to die,” – 3:2
Born this year were two special babies to me, special friends from my Oklahoma travels. Brian & Mandy’s Tuker, and, Sid and Christa’s grandbaby, Demma. There were many deaths along the way this year, most of them friends of my parents – reminder of their mortality.

“A time to plant and a time to uproot,” – 3:2
I planted lots and lots of seeds this year: seeds of knowledge, seeds of joy, seeds of listening, seeds for new programming area, seeds of great spiritual growth in myself. I uprooted the scars that I had allow to grow on my heart from years of fear in long-term relationships, and I am going to my 30th High School Reunion (my first class reunion! – how exciting)

“a time to kill and a time to heal,” – 3:3
This year I joyfully celebrated as the neurosurgeon, Dr. McAdams, took the cancerous tumor out of my Mother’s brain, and two other amazing doctors – Dr. Thornton and Dr. Hunter – provide laser proton radiation therapy and the chemotherapy pill – and they KILLED that tumor! And, I am grateful to all the schools, who willing rescheduled and reshuffled their programming with me, so I could take time with my Mother (and my Father) and help in the healing process. To God be the Glory!

“a time to tear down and a time to build” – 3:3
I tore down the image of storytelling in at least one teacher’s mind, who thought their students wouldn’t really enjoy storytelling, and certainly wouldn’t sit for an hour. HA! With great joy, they proclaimed they were wrong and delighted with their students in stories. In Indiana, I built so many connections including Salamonie Reservoir (Teresa Rody & Laura Whiteleather), Ellen Munds (Indiana Storytelling Arts), Canterbury School, Indiana Christian Academy and Southwood Elementary.

“a time to weep and a time to laugh” – 3:4
I cried my last day at Anderson Christian School and I will miss those kids. I laughed every time I came to Anderson Christian School when I would walk in and disturb every line walking to the gym quietly. Ms. Sheila messed up a lot of orderliness – and enjoyed it. Oh, and the laughter with Mr. & Mrs. Reeves (lifelong friends of my family whom I visited with in Indiana) as we drove until lost and laughed at how well....and not so well....a GPS gets you home! :) Love you both so much.

“a time to mourn and a time to dance” – 3:4
I did not have any mourning this school year, but I sho’ did dance. And I will never dance so well as doing the Hava Nagila (Jewish Dance) on the boat while cruising the Sea of Galilee with my BibleTelling Group friends in Israel. And then to teach the Hava Nagila to the students at Indiana Christian Academy and Anderson Christian School was so much fun – and in the church sanctuary, it was the greatest praise to God and to life. HAVA NAGILA! (Let us Be Glad!) -

No comments:

Post a Comment