Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Leaving Kentucky

Today I leave Kentucky. I've had a blast. Paris, Lexington, Bowling Green, Louisville & Crestwood - all the cities I have visited through this trip. It's been a long trip because I haven't felt well most of the time. However, what I have learned on this trip has been great.
A) Take care of my voice and my health. I push myself hard all the time without much thought or care to how my "getting older" body can handle things. For a long time I have said I need to have a 4 day work when I have evening programs scheduled in the week. Now I need to keep to that.
B) My character when I am sick and not feeling well is to be a complainer. Yet that helps no one, including myself. Watch this area. Remember Philippians 4 - "Do everything without complaining and grumbling."
C) Which brings me to the other part of PHilippians - "Whatever is true, whaever is noble, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good report, if there is anything of virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things." - v. 8. I need to change the way I think on a daily basis. When I'm thinking "I'm overwhelmed and I can't", then I do get overwhelmed and I can't. When I think, "ALL Things are possible with God", then even having a lot on my plate is doable.

These were my big lessons this week. Oh, one more. "Seek first the kingdom of God." It was way too easy this week, while not feeling well, to put off Quiet Times and prayer times. I was so tired that I slept in, etc. The effect though was that I was often times always trying to catch up and I didn't have my shield up to ward of attacks of the enemy and didn't have my sword to fight back.

I love my job and I love the travel, and am constantly challenged to live the way Christ wants me live. But, thank God, I am given opportunities to fail tests, learn from the tests and prepare for the next ones with a grateful heart.

Thanks to all my buddies - Mary and Jim Lovell, Linda Ramage, Roxanne Mitchell, Gail Mullins, Barbara and Holly Plunkett, Ben Rankin, Paula Thierl, Amelia Cook (and family :), Cheryl and Rod Adkisson, Carl Willoughby (and family - hope your daughter is doing better), Melissa Messner, Carol, Lisa Cross, Judy Stacy, Pam Holcomb, Buck Creacy (and wife) and my new Kentucky buddy, Mike Lebsock.

No comments:

Post a Comment