Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Other Side of Virginia

So yesterday I was in another part of Virginia I was unfamiliar with - the Northern Neck area. There is lots of history in that part of Virginia. I placed the birthplace of George Washington and Stratford Hall is there. The highways are named after famous, and not so famous, people. And I enjoyed the wine. (Try Ingleside Winery - wonderful place!)

I felt like I was driving in Southwest Missouri - the little towns that kept cropping up. Names I was completely unfamiliar with - Kilmarnock, being one of them - but it was fun to learn about so much. I am always amazed about how diverse Virginia is. It may not be as large as California, but there is still so much to see and do and each area of Virginia has its own flavor. Virginia is definitely a great state.

I performed at Chesapeake Academy in Irvington, VA. They have an organization called PALS - Performing Arts (something, something). Also, the Wylie Foundation and Target provide grants for the programs they bring in. I was blessed yesterday to be doing "My Piano" storytelling program, because God made sure that I kept everything in the car that I needed, since I was running like the wind, and didn't even know until two days before, what program I was doing for them. Chesapeake Academy kindly invited other schools as well parents with children to come. It was a delight. And, I must say, one of the best sound systems I have ever used - and much needed.

Okay, the countdown continues - 4 days until recording!! God, to you be the glory! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment