Wednesday, September 8, 2010

History's Alive! Fourth Annual Edutainment Winner

Good morning, everyone. The Edutainment Drawing was yesterday and the winner was picked by Gloria, one of my bank tellers. :) No one else was around and they know all about my travels in and out of town. And the winner is (drum roll, please)....

St. John Neumann Academy, Blacksburg, VA.

St. John will be the first Virginia school chosen and the first private school. It will also be the first time I get to work with 6th - 8th graders. All great and good things. They wil receive 6 programs throughout the school year for students, faculty and parents. Basically, I become an "artist-in-residence" at no cost to them.

The one day program winner is - Federal Hill Elementary/Prepartory School, Baltimore, MD. They will get 2 one hour programs, plus an evening program for parents if they like, again completely for free.

Thanks to everyone who did participate in the Drawing. They will get the consolation prize of discounted price of programming if they'd like me to still come to their school. If you don't know this is my absolute passion and favorite thing during the school year. The relationships I get a chance to establish with students and teachers through the year I spend with a school are long-lasting and I watch God at work through them all the time. You will hear more about these schools in the future. And, hopefully, I figure out how to post pictures (since the video didn't work last week).

Tomorrow I leave for the Moonshell Storytelling Festival, Omaha, NE and am eagerly looking forward to that. Peace and much love, Sheila.

No comments:

Post a Comment