Thursday, September 2, 2010

A New Month

Hello, Everyone. September has come and my month of relaxtion and rest is coming to a close, but it was nice. My e-mails came down to a workable number (under 100). I have confirmed programming for various dates in October, January, February and April. I am working on the boxes that are laying about my house - even finding books and tapes I'd forgotten I had. I've been getting through some of my computer search items regarding books, articles and general curiousities, as well as adding new videos to my queue on Blockbuster.com. I'm working on my taxes - yes, late, but finally, getting done. I've been preparing for my upcoming programs. It's been good.

Today I perform at Chrysler Museum (Norfolk, VA) as part of the "Tickle My Ears" program - 4 years for me with the museum. I will do 2 storytelling programs for pre-schoolers, based on the theme "One Bowl for You, Two Bowls for Me." The focus is dishes. And, yes, it was a challenge to figure out what to tell. However, I put together some stories: "In a People House" by Theo LeSeig; "Teaching Mr. Wolf Manners" - an original story; some counting songs: "5 LIttle Monkeys" & "The Ants Come Marching one by one"; we are in the Indian/Islamic Gallery - so an Indian Story - I think I'm doing "The young Reader" (Margaret McDonald), but possibly "Ali Baba and the 39 theives", and finish with the child's point of view of the Grimms Tale, "The Old Man and the Bowl." We have singing, short stories, longer stories, books, a classic story - all should make for a great program (hopefully).

The CD is selling very slowly right now, in spite of the fact that I'm in the midst of a Back-to-School Sale. I've only sold 3 during this sale. Hopefully, when I go to next week's Moonshell Storytelling Festival (Omaha, NE), I will sell a lot more. I'm going to try and paste on a video of me telling "Teaching Mr. Wolf Manners" - done at home as a practice session. Here goes:Okay, it's supposedly uploading.

So we'll see. I'll end with the words that are so close to me at the moment, "Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to thee." That's what I want most in my life is to have my life be an imitation and an example of Christ's. Love you all. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment